Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Yummy Eats...

May has officiallly been declared "tighten your belt" month in our house!. April was a busy (read: expensive) month with two trips, a new washer/dryer and deposits for the new house. So instead of dipping into our savings account we are going to try and recoup that money this month. The easiest way for that to happen is to cut the grocery bill by getting creative in the kitchen. In that vein I had to share what I made for dinner last night. It was too good not to! I would love to be able to take all the credit for it, but let's be honest I'm not that good of a cook :)


I read some of the reviews and decided to add red bell pepper when I added the corn and used only one can of beans. It was delightful! And to stretch it even farther I'm going to add it to a taco salad with some shredded chicken over a tostada. Ta da- two dinners and I haven't had to buy a thing. Here's hoping that the rest of the month goes this well and if anything else is such a success I'll be sure to share. 

Happy Day!
Erin





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs