Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday Ramblings...

I can not seem to focus this week, so in that vein here are a few of my random thoughts.

1. I'm pretty sure I've officially decided that being an adult just plain sucks some weeks. Last week was one of those weeks. E-rie's bestest friend Car-Car (aka the dog) had a tumor on his leg that was growing uncontrollably. So for the past SIX weeks we have been at the vet's office at least twice a week. Finally all of the test results arrived and it was time for some heartwrenching decisions. In the end we made the decision to amputate the dog's front leg. He is currently with a foster family recuperating and hopefully should be home this week. And then comes the last part of the cruddy adult stuff- explaining to a 2 and 3 year old why their dog has only three legs now. Throughout this whole thing I really just wanted to play ostrich. Unfortunately that whole sucky adult thing kicked in and I couldn't do that!

2. The Italian weather gods have decided we get to have a taste of spring! All this week we have been enjoying sunny days in the 50's and 60's. With weather like that we have been at the park every day and relishing every second of it. Here's hoping winter doesn't decide to rear its ugly head again. 

3. A bridal shop has opened in the shop space underneath our apartment and it is lovely! If I am going to live over a store I can't ask for anything better than frilly dresses, delightful designers and kind clients. Every morning when we leave for school E-rie comments on the "bootiful princess dresses" and always wants to go say hi to the "nice ladies". And they have decorated our courtyard and street entrance too. I get welcomed home by twinkle lights and flowers- seriously the best thing! 

4. Since I have not been able to focus I have had no motivation to tackle any projects around the house. However the lovely consequence has been that the Wildman and I have played together every morning. It has been so much fun and eye opening as to how much I miss when I'm racing around finishing up stuff. And since my time with him is racing by ( he starts school in September)  I have a feeling my house will be a little more messy and very few projects will be done over the next few months. I'm just going to work on being a master train track builder. 

I told you it was a rambling kind of day...

Happy Day!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs