Monday, February 18, 2013

new ride...

I have been waiting for this day since Christmas time! When we moved to Italy my husband and I realized that our City Select was no longer going to work for us. One sun canopy was broken, one front axle would occasionally fall off, the fabric was shredding and the frame was bent. It had some issues. But the most important issue was just the basic design. Our children are getting bigger (almost 35 and 30 pounds) and the wildman wants to be able to see everything that is going on around him. However the only way to make it feasible to lift the front of the stroller over every curb was to put wildman in the front and he needed to face inward. Our stroller is our only way of transportation, it gets used every day under all kinds of conditions. And I always seem to have my hands full with a dog or a grocery trolley but it was impossible to push one handed. So finally I convinced my husband that it was time to bite the bullet and get a new ride. Tough bullet to bite since the City Select is not cheap and neither is the new one. All in all we have spent almost $2500 in strollers and our oldest isn't even three yet!

 So without further ado... our new ride~ the Bumbleride Indie Twin



Here were my criteria when looking for a new stroller:
1. Easy to push one handed
2. Bigger rubber, air filled wheels
3. Large basket underneath
4. Collapse easily
5. Be able to go into cargo hold on a flight.

I took my new constant companion on a test ride today and both kids were happy. And I didn't hear "Mama this is an extra bumpy road" once! If you are in the market for a new stroller I highly recommend this one! Now here's hoping this one last longer because I'm pretty sure my husband won't be convinced to buy a fourth stroller!

And just because I like the song and it seemed appropriate...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs