Saturday, February 2, 2013

€75

One of my goals for this year was to eat a healthier diet of little or no processed food. It's been a fun challenge this far and we all feel better cutting out so much junk we don't need. However it is not cheap, but I'm willing to sacrifice new clothes and such for a healthier family. This week my total was -you guessed it €75! And that's food for Monday through Friday.

Here is what I got:
6 clementines
2 onions
2 packs of strawberries
2 packs of blueberries
1 pack of raspberries
1 head of iceberg lettuce
1 head of leaf lettuce
2 loaves of bread
1 roll of parchment paper
1 roll of aluminum foil
2 packs of diapers
1 pack of gluten free crackers
2 packs of gluten free pasta
20 eggs
3 liters of skim milk
3 liters of rice milk
1 jar of green olives ( I can't resist them!)
2 glade candles- the house smelled like wet dog after I gave him a bath :)
1 box of Kleenex- how we can smell the dog with stuffy noses I don't know


As you can tell we still have a few processed things to cut out like the bread,  but I'm working on it and the pasta too. But I have to be honest I don't see myself making my own pasta. I'm in the land of plenty where that is concerned! And I would go diary free completely but the rice milk is 3x as expensive as the skim milk and since E-rie goes through 4 liters a week that's not possible! I will also admit that this is not the whole picture for this week's menu. I had some things in the cabinets that I was using to supplement. Like I said pricey, but thus far so worth it! 

Wow that is a lot of milk!

Happy Day!

2 comments:

  1. Wait till Hank outgrows the milk allergy and goes through a gallon A DAY! Your brother about put in the poor house.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs