Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mama said there'd be days like this

Today was one of those days! E-rie is two and a half and anyone who has ever spent more than 10 minutes with a two and a half year old knows what that means! They are called the terrible twos for many reasons- assertions of independence (usually at the top of her lungs!), picky eating and crazy mood swings. You know when I got dressed I didn't realize I needed to dress for a battle day. It all started with a refusal to drink anything but milk and god forbid we have any fun at the park! After refusing to eat lunch I put her little self in bed where it belonged thinking I would go back in a few hours to a happier girl. Well instead of a sleeping angel greeting me when I opened her door I found all of her and her brothers clothes in the floor. Now is probably a good time to mention we are staying in one of the company staff houses while we arrange for the shipment of our household goods from Israel. So the stuff we do have here is not as organized as I would like, but it was certainly not in the floor! And her sassy self decided to take it up a notch too. When she threw her snack in the floor she was informed that she would pick it up or go to timeout. Her response "Wildman, I'll be back in two minutes. I got time out." Needless to say I have never been more ready for bedtime!
Now I'm off to do all those things I was supposed to do while I was cleaning her room. Tomorrow is a new day (thank goodness)!





2 comments:

  1. all in a day's work! I feel you on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I have been there and it is not pretty;) I swear, some of the stuff that I have to say on a daily basis or hear on a daily basis staying home with kids is insane. We deserve medals. And Oscar's!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs