Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ramblings...

Just a few random thoughts for you today...

1. I think someone forgot to tell Italy that it is March. March means spring- so less clouds more sun. I'm almost desperate enough to visit Sun City (the only local tanning salon). It gets even worse when I get emails from friends in Israel and they are arranging beach play dates. Not cool ladies...

2. I'm kinda over my love affair with Pinterest. I feel like I just see the same pins over and over again.  And let's be honest here people, I'm not going to go about hoarding toilet paper rolls or used soda cans to make these "crafts". And what dollar store are these people going to? That stuff was not there the last time I went. And finally, I just don't understand the attraction of pallets. Again where do you find those? And they are cheap wood, with knots and splinters, cut off grain- they are the junk from the mill. Why would you want that in your home?

3. We are one step closer to finally having our own home in Italy. Apparently the final contract and deposit are being delivered today. Hopefully this means we can take delivery of our belongings early next week. The goal is to be unpacked before the kitchen arrives the first part of April. Now where all of our stuff is going to go in a house without a single closet- thats another issue for another day! Luckily I have had plenty of time to brainstorm.

4. I am drowing in my Italian lessons. I literally walk around town thinking please don't talk to me, I don't have enough brain power to translate in my head what you are saying! My tutor is great, but it is a lot harder to study when you have two kids!

5. I've been obsessing over conclave and the election of a new pope. I even signed up for an email alert when there is white smoke. I can't help it I love the symbolism, history and even the faith that goes into such a momentous time. Head over to Pope Alarm so you don't miss "Habemus Papem!" It is also not to late to adopt a Cardinal to pray for while they discern God's will for His Holy Catholic Church.

Keep Calm and PRAY FOR A NEW POPE Poster

That's it. I'm officially out of thoughts!

Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs