Thursday, January 23, 2014

A visit from the Paci Fairy

In our house once you blow out two candles on your birthday cake it is time for you and the pacifier to go your separate ways. Since we were leaving for the States a few weeks after the Wildman's birthday he got a short reprieve, but no more. Now with Tutoots ( who is all into pageantry) we excitedly skipped around the house with a basket finding all of the pacis and left them on the front porch for the fairy to come pick up with a nice note. She snuggled with Mama for a few extra minutes and after she got her new "pink pawoo pajamas" the next morning we never heard another peep about a paci.

She even brought big sister some slipper shoes for helping her brother adjust!

I'm sure you can guess I did not get so lucky with the Wildman. Forget pageantry- he wanted nothing to do with finding all of the pacis, he just kept re hiding them. Once I got all of them in a tray and on the table he was just plain mad and kept screaming "No Note! Ciuccio Back!" Being the wonderful wife that I am I proceeded to sneak out the door to have dinner with friends and left my husband to deal with the aftermath! If I am being truly honest he has way more patience than I do so it was probably better that I was gone.

How cute are these dinosaurs pants? 

Well a few days later he is still screaming, throwing toys and leaving bruises on all of us. In fact he is so mad at the Paci Fairy that he refuses to wear the dinosaur pajamas she left as a big boy gift and heaven forbid you try to put the slipper shoes on his precious feet. Mimi (my mother) keeps saying it will only take a few days and he will be over it, but I think she is under the assumption he is going to live those few days. One more train to my head and the Paci Fairy is not the only gal he will have issues with!

Happy Day!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs